Big school of GDPR by ICTbusiness portal and Ostendo Consulting
There is less than a year until the start of the implementation of the provisions of the GDPR regulation. There is not a lot of experience in this area, and the few top experts have too much to do. Most Croatian companies have to face this challenge, which will require multidisciplinary teams with specific knowledge, from deep understanding of information technology and information management systems, through business process analysis and information management, to business strategy management and specific legal expertise.
In order to make the knowledge required to comply with the GDPR requirements as available as possible, ICT business portal, in co-operation with Ostendo Consulting, starts the Big School of GDPR. Ostendo Consulting is a consulting company specialized in compliance, data protection and security, and provides its consulting services to industry leaders in the US, the EU, Scandinavia and the region. Consultants of Ostendo Consulting intensively work on raising awareness and education of staff for work on GDPR projects, through visiting and lecturing at faculties and expert conferences.
Our school will go through main elements of the process of alignment with GDPR requirements through a series of lessons, as follows:
1. Introduction to GDPR - Impact on Society and Business
2. Starting a GDPR project – Establishment of an effective project team
3. Estimating the current state - Determining priorities in the project
4. Design of a Project Plan - What do we have to do, how, who and until when? How much does it cost?
5. Aligning organizational structure and business processes, reporting
6. Aligning IT systems and management of IT systems
7. Internal audit GDPR
8. Data Protection Impact Assessment – DPIA
9. Integrating Privacy into Process and IT System Design - Privacy by design
10. Legal Aspects - how to avoid penalties?